Top 10 Tips for Hosting a Virtual Event
Across the globe, the new normal for brands is now virtual events. Companies are now turning to webinars, demos, masterclasses, Q+As, panels, and interviews with celebrities or industry leaders. Virtual events can maintain your level of engagement with current costumers and attract potential ones. Virtual events can also be monetized, of implemented correctly. The advantage of a virtual event is that it gives the audience direct access to the speaker(s), which ultimately creates brand trust and builds credibility.
Before you plan your next virtual event, consider these top 10 tips.
1. Define Your Target Audience. Who is the ideal customer for this virtual event? What are their challenges? What are their goals?
2. Be Consistent with Visual Branding. Just because your event is virtual does not mean that you should abandon your branding. Colors, styles, fonts. logos, etc. matter. It is very important that the customer is able to easily identify your company online. Consistency is key. If you are unsure about how to brand your virtual event, contact a branding expert.
3. Think Mobile. The majority attendees may attend your event via a cell phone or tablet. Be sure to optimize your materials for mobile viewing, Keep it simple, interactive and mobile friendly.
4. Money Matters. If possible, look for ways to monetize your virtual event. You can ask for donations, charge a fee for a curated VIP experience, or link your products to the event page.
5. Explore Industry-Related Virtual Events. No matter what you're doing, there's no need to reinvent the wheel. Take the time to attend other industry-related events so that you can learn the do's and don'ts from other brands.
6. Focus on a Specific Topic. In order to maintain interest, select a specific topic and and provide valuable information around that topic. Provide attendees with at least three takeaways and a specific call to action at the conclusion of the virtual event.
7. Choose a Virtual Format. Select and test the format that works best for your virtual event. Here are some popular formats:
Single Presenter: One presenter shares their insights or tips.
Dual Presenters: Two presenters can help inform and engage the audience from two different perspectives.
Panel: Host a group of experts speaking on a specific topic.
Q&A: This format is a great way to maximize attendees’ engagement. An expert, or panel of experts, answers the questions your audience asks via social media or chat.
Interview: Host a popular influencer as a guest speaker to increase attendance and build your own authority.
Product Demo: If you’re promoting a product, the product demonstration or tutorial format can be a great way to showcase what you’re selling.
Ask Me Anything: Give your followers an opportunity to get to know you and your brand more personally.
8. Find a Great Speaker. It's important to select a speaker with a great online presence. Consider how they have motivated online audiences in the past. Do they use humor? Do they have the ability to captivate an audience with their words? Do they know how to address the audience directly? A strong speaker or panel can determine whether attendees will bother to attend future virtual events.
9. Carefully Select a Date and Time. When picking a time and date, don't forget to consider time zones! Think big and remember you are now speaking to a potentially global audience.
10. Choose the Right Platform. There are other platforms besides Zoom. For those who have a security concern, check out these platforms:
For more tips and information, visit avantgardedigi.com.
#VirtualEvent #events #zoom #GoogleHangouts #GotTo #blog #business