The holidays are a time when you can think outside the box and be more creative with marketing activities. Implement these 10 tips for a successful holiday season.
1. Be Social Savvy. Utilize your social media sites to not only promote holiday specials and events, but also teach your customers how to do something in a holiday-related how-to video. Conduct a contest and ask customers to share your social media posts for a chance to win. Ask customers to "check in" on social media while shopping to receive a special discount.
2. Connect with Past Customers. Contact last year's customers with tailored email marketing campaigns, special offers or direct mail pieces.
3. Partner with Local Businesses to Host an Event. Host a holiday party, Sip and Shop or Sip and Paint, and donate a portion of your proceeds to your favorite non-profit. Include live entertainment, such as a DJ, Santa Claus, elves, etc. to attract more customers. Don't forget to include a dedicated space for photo opportunities.
4. Extend Shopping Hours. Accommodate more customers during the busy holiday season. Be sure to promote the new hours on your website and social media sites.
5. Give Back. The holidays are a great time to give back to the community. Get your customers to participate by making donations or donating gifts they buy at your store.
6. Offer B1G1 Free Specials. Most people end up buying gifts for themselves while they’re doing their holiday shopping. Capitalize on this tendency by offering “buy one, get one free” or “buy one, get one for a friend" specials.
7. Offer Free Gifts with Purchases. This is a great way to encourage customers to buy now. Include different gifts with higher spending amounts.
8. Offer Gift Cards. All businesses should offer gift cards during the holiday season. Sell gift cards on your website, via social media and in the store.
9. Do a “12 Days of Giveaways" Promotion. Promote a different offer or product each day leading up to Christmas.
10. Use Time-Sensitive Offers. These offers are effective because nearly everyone will be on a deadline to get their shopping done before the holidays.
For more information, visit Avant Garde Digital Media online at www.avantgardedigi.com.